Are you giving talent a chance?
We’ve been working in the ‘talent game’ for many years now and it's become apparent that while a majority of our clients know what they want, they tend to stick within those boundaries. Some job specs look the same as they did 10 years ago. Not many will look outside of that box, and as a result, a lot of talent is being missed or wasted. It isn’t always the obvious, trust us!
We wanted to open this up for debate and get a panel of design professionals and talent managers together to discuss trying to unlock the potential that is perhaps being overlooked.
The event will be held on the 30th of November at 8.15am and the panel line up so far is:
Andrew Derrick, Founder and Creative Director at Socrates
Clare Roberts, Head of Human Resources at Elmwood
Steve Waker, Creative Services Director at The Team
With one more TBC.
Some of the items we’d like to address are:
- What do you look for in a new recruit?
- Would you consider a new recruit with a creative or a commercial background, but not from an obvious competitor?
- Is degree, education or personal achievements important?
- Do you trust your gut instincts or follow your head when selecting someone who might be left of centre?
- Is cost an important factor in decision making?
- Is nationality a factor, given the changes we are facing within Europe and the world?
- How can we make sure we’re giving talent a chance?
This will be opened out to the floor as well so come equipped with questions and opinions! We want to open channels of thought and hopefully everyone will leave with some valuable insights.
If you’re interested in coming along please contact email@example.com as spaces are limited!